Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

I was driving home from work last night and the battery

Customer Question

I was driving home from work last night and the battery symbol popped up along with "Battery Not Charging". I figured I could go one more day (Which I really knew I shouldn't). I'm halfway to work this morning, and the same warning is on, but now "Service Charging System" comes on along with the airbag light, the abs light, and the traction control light. A minute later, the dash lights start dimming and the when I press the throttle, the engine revs but the car doesnt accelerate. I then put it in neutral and coast down the hill to a parking lot. I make it there and it is dead. My boss comes to jump it, and it'll turn over without an issue, but the gear indicator is flashing, and it says "Security System Problem Car May Not Restart".Battery was new back in October and it registers at 11.9 V on a tester. I pulled all the codes of the panel and they are as follows:
IPC B2750 PASSKey Data Communication Failure
TCS, IPC, ACM U1255 Serial Data Line Malfunction
TCS, PZM C1276 Delivered Torque Signal Circuit Malfunction
RFA U1255 Class 2 Communication Malfunction
MMM U1016 Loss of Class 2 Communication with VCM
JA: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?
Customer: Youre joking right?
JA: What is the model/year of your Cadillac?
Customer: How much is this going to cost me?
JA: I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to.
Customer: I'll pass. Thanks
JA: What year is your Cadillac?
Customer: Thanks anyway. I don't want to spend money on possibly not getting an answer
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am. New battery.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks
Category: Cadillac
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
1998 Deville Theft System Problem, Car May Not Restart.I also tried putting the battery from my neighbors Impala in it, and it still said and did the same thing unfortunetly. I just took the Caddilac's out and its charging on my work bench at the moment. It was only at 24%. But I figured that the Impala's battery would've work, and that would've told me the battery was the issue.Would the alternator still cause issues even if a fresh fully charged battery were installed?Saturday I found out the trunk button on the key fob didn't work, as well as the trunk button on the dash. I didn't drive it all day Sunday. Then come Monday is when the "Battery Not Charging" notice popped up. Would that have anything to do with the issue??I'm freaking out, as I have no way to work, nor a way to take my son to school. I really hope I can get the issue resolved and quickly
Expert:  david craig replied 4 months ago.

Hi Im David Take it to the dealer if you dont want to spend money here to get an answer

your vats system is activated

you need a new alternator then to have the keys reprogrammed at the dealer. good luck

just checking in to see how its going