roybelding
roybelding, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years of retail operations working on all vehicles.
3506196

I have an 89 deville. The speedometer won't work and the car

Customer Question

Hello I have an 89 deville. The speedometer won't work and the car won't shift. I inspected the pigtail and even replaced the speed sensor. The shaft that is under the transmission speed sensor has plastic helical gears on it that are worn/stripped. Anyone have the part number for that shaft?
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  roybelding replied 5 months ago.

hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you. please allow me a couple of minutes to gather some basic info.

Roy

that plastic gear is very common for dishing out. you can get just the gear.

what you can do is go to a transmission shop that rebuilds transmissions with the gear and they should stock them as they are still common. should be less than 10 bucks for the gear.

have done tons of these over the years

Roy

please take a moment and rate my service. please hit 5 stars so the site will pay me for my efforts. it is the only way we get paid for our efforts.

Roy

do you need any other help???

are you there