Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

Air conditioner comes on periodically. I know it will come

Customer Question

Air conditioner comes on periodically. I know it will come on when I hear a loud clicking like a cycling valve is transitioning. Also when AC does run, passenger side AC vents blows out and when I put the heat on passenger side AC blows hot.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you

1- well we have several possibilties here , but we need to start with freon levels and work our way

is full of freeon, is showing 100 psi at ac test gauges when car is off ?

2- what have you done so far if you tell me so i m not repeating what you already did ?

3- if the ac system is below 25% the compressor will not kick in, there what we call a low pressure switch it will check if Freon level is correct if not it will not complete the circuit for the ac compressor to kick in , that is one possibility

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok. Also, when I press defrost, the air blows through the floor vents and vice versa. Im thinking it's one of the actuators.

yes it could be actuator if you have air flow issue, but the compressor want be kick in ,so is the compressor kick in or not I need the full story so i can help you further since i m not standing next to it

the more info you give the better i can help you

tell me what you done so far so we can move forward

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I haven't done anything yet. It comes out and times and when it does, it blows cold everywhere except passenger front which is hit or miss as far as it blows cold sometimes and hot other times.

1-you start with freeon checking then you move forward to actuators ,a low freeon condition will cause the air flow to mess up also

that will be my advice , you could have a combination of low freeon ,leaks, on compressor or line or ac pressure switch o ring etc ..and that is why the compressor is cycling on and off ?

2-and also the actuator are defective and are intermittently moving the blend door inside the dash

but that will be the route to take to check it, take it somewhere get the freeon serviced first

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat