Todd M
Todd M,
Experience:  Technician at Montgomery Motors
97226864

I need to reset my ecu on my 1996 Seville. where is the

Customer Question

I need to reset my ecu on my 1996 Seville. where is the respective fuse?
JA: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Do you know what they look like?
Customer: i checked the 1st one in the engine area, but no ecm or ecu fuse found
JA: Are you fixing your Seville yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes, by myself. the traction control is activated, but will not disengage
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no, i believe that's it.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Todd M replied 4 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. Give me just a moment, please, to locate this information for you.

Expert:  Todd M replied 4 months ago.

Your fuse is the PCM fuse. It is located in the engine compartment fuse box.

Expert:  Todd M replied 4 months ago.

Let me check for a relay.

Expert:  Todd M replied 4 months ago.

There is no relay information for the PCM. The PCM and the ECM are one in the same, just different names.

Expert:  Todd M replied 4 months ago.

If you require more information on this issue and/or are not satisfied, let me know, please, and I will attempt to assist you further on this. I hope this information points you in the right direction. If you have any further questions or concerns on this issue, feel free to ask. If you are satisfied, and have found this information helpful, a positive rating would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

A positive rating does not close the session. We will still be able to communicate and I will continue to assist you with this issue as needed.

Expert:  Todd M replied 4 months ago.

Just as a reminder, if you have found this information helpful, please do not forget to rate the service as it is necessary in order for experts to receive credit for the answers. Thanks again.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I've checked the small fuse box located in the engine comp. and found no fuse labeled ECM or ECU. Is there another fuse box in that same area? My goal is to reset the ECM, to release the Traction Control Mode as the release button in the glove box does nothing.Thanks so much and looking forward to your reply.D. Hyland
Expert:  Todd M replied 3 months ago.

If you look at this diagram, you will see ABS(10amp), PCM IGN(10amp), PCM BATT(10amp). These are your fuses for the PCM(which is also the ECU/ECM), and the ABS fuse controls the traction control.

Expert:  Todd M replied 3 months ago.
Expert:  Todd M replied 3 months ago.

I have sent location information for this fuse box. It is under the hood on the drivers side.

Expert:  Todd M replied 3 months ago.

If the fuses are good, and the issue isn't fixed, then you will likely have an issue with the brake control module.