Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Cadillac Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Cadillac Diagnostics
18617752

Have a 2010 Cadillac DTS. The low washer fluid warning won't

Customer Question

Have a 2010 Cadillac DTS. The low washer fluid warning won't go away. I understand it may just be the sensor or the tank may need to be replaced. Can I check to see if it is only the sensor and change u
JA: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?
Customer: windshiel washer tank. No trouble codes came up on dash the windshield washer needs filling massage won't go away even though tank is filled. Where is the sensor located and can I change it myself
JA: Are you fixing your DTS yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Would like to fix it myself if sensor is fairly easy to get to
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 4 months ago.

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer. Thanks for coming! I'm Ron and I'll be working with you on your question today. Please give me a moment to review your question and prepare your answer.

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 4 months ago.

Thanks for holding.

On this vehicle, the washer fluid level switch is a stand-alone serviceable item. No need to replace the entire reservoir. Unfortunately, there are no testing specs for this switch. But if the level is correct in the reservoir, the switch is most likely the problem. And it's not that bad of a job to access and replace. To gain access, the passenger's side wheel well liner will need to be removed. Once removed, you'll have a clear shot at the switch. Inspect the electrical connector and wire harness for any loose, broken or damaged wires. If the inspection is ok, unplug the electrical connector and then using 2 flat-blade tools on each side, pry the switch from the reservoir. Reverse the procedure to install and lubricate the new switch's rubber grommet with a bit of washer fluid to aid in installation. Please be kind enough to leave a rating for our Q&A using the 'stars' or click 'Accept'. A 5-star rating is very much appreciated! Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
How do I remove fender clips to remove wheel well
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 4 months ago.

The retainer clips are a "push-pin" type. Using a flat blade tool, pry the center of the retainer up. Once they are popped up, use the flat blade tool too pry the base of the clip upwards and out. I have a small PDF file showing their locations here:https://goo.gl/8HWpf8 (keep in mind the repair manual only shows the driver's side - passenger's side is the mirror opposite).

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 4 months ago.

..

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 4 months ago.

..

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 4 months ago.

Hi! I noticed this Q&A was still open, so I wanted to check in and see how you made out? Were there any other questions you had on this issue? Any other info I can provide that may better assist?