Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician, L1, Master GM Technician. Over 20 years of bumper to bumper GM experience.
25345654

Need to find what causes a S013 on my 1994 eldorado I fixed

Customer Question

Need to find what causes a S013 on my 1994 eldorado I fixed the S073 by replacing rear alerometer
JA: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Cadillac Eldorado. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?
Customer: Only code I am getting after service ride control comes on
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Jerry Newton replied 5 months ago.

S013 refers to the right rear position sensor. It is attached to the rear control arm under the car, it may be as simple as a bro***** *****nk, as they sometimes rust and fall apart. Or, you may need a new sensor, which is a tough spot because these have been discontinued. When I need them, I have to go to junkyards and salvage them from old Cadillacs.