Cadillac

Cadillac Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Cadillac

I am curious as to whether the front struts on a 2012

Cadillac Escalade freezing up is...
I am curious as to whether the front struts on a 2012 Cadillac Escalade freezing up is caused by normal wear & tear? It has 81,000 miles on it. We bought it used at 44,000 miles it has the Cadillac warranty to 70,000 miles & we bought the best extended warranty they have to cover to 140,000 miles. The service manager says it is probably due to normal wear & tear? I think they have failed.
4/6/2017
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Jackie,

What type of a problem are you having with the front struts?

They are froze. They have been for a month. I just dropped it at the Cadillac Dealer. He pushed down on the front end on both sides & said he thinks they are froze. I am not sure if this is a routine maintenance issue or a failure of the struts at 81,000 miles. To get the warranty to pay, it has to be a failure. I am just wondering if failure could/would happen at those miles.

If they are froze then its time to replace them, the manufactures calls for replacement at 50,000 miles . Unfortunately your dealer is right and this would normally be considered normal wear and tear and that will not cover usually cover the replacement charges under warranty.

Okay. Thank you for your help.

Your very welcome and thank you as well. Please take a moment to rate my service so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.

Thank you again.

Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Ron, ASE Certified Technician