Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Pete! Have 2002 cadillac escalade ext. Just tried starting…

Hi Pete! Have 2002 cadillac...
Hi Pete! Have 2002 cadillac escalade ext. Just tried starting and with start for 1 second and then turn off. Just bought new fuel relay switch from Auto Zone. Still same thing. Possible fuel pump or fuel filter? Has 86,000 miles on it. Thank you
1/21/2017
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, I'm Ron and I will be helping you today.
Stand by for a moment while I prepare your answer.

Yes, your best bet right now is to test the actual fuel pressure with a gauge.

Most parts stores will loan you a gauge for just a deposit.

Thanks, Ron

Our goal here is to assist you in the repair of your vehicle by
supplying you with well educated information. We may not always
have the exact fix you wanted to hear, but our job is to get you on
the right track, which we always do. We can’t hear, see, smell or
touch your vehicle from where we’re at, so your understanding of
that is greatly appreciated. There are no magical or miraculous
answers, but we do our best to guide you in the right direction.
Thanks, Ron

If you are satisfied with my answer, I would greatly appreciate a 5
star rating now and I will still assist you after you have rated me
too if another question pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you
until you rate me.
Thanks again, Ron

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Had 52 reading on fuel pressure test kit yesterday. Shouldn't be fuel filter or pump correct?

You have a bad fuel pump. The specs are 55-62.

Thanks again and please remember to rate me now for my time.

I don't get credit for helping you until you rate me.

rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor