Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

I just purchased a 2006 Cadillac CTS 2.8 V6. It is all power

Customer Question

I just purchased a 2006 Cadillac CTS 2.8 V6. It is all power but neither of the front seats work.
JA: Are you fixing your CTS yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have been trying to find the fuse but not sure where the box is. I have no manual
JA: Have you checked the manual yet? Most vehicles have two fuse panels.
Customer: have no manual. Seat isd all the way down so unable to look underneath. found 3 fuse boxes so fdar. under hood, back seat drivers side and back seat passenger side. but cant see anything that says power seats
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: i think tyhats it, thank you
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  TODD RUZICKA replied 8 months ago.

Hi and thank you for the question. My name is ***** ***** I'll do my best to help. I will look up the schematics for you ok? I'll be right back with you.

Ok, looking at the schematics, the fuse(s) are located in the trunk on the drivers side. Inspect the fuse labeled "MEM / ADAPT SEAT" (10 AMP) and also the fuse labeled " L FRT HTD SEAT MOD" (10 AMP). Most likely you have a wire shorted on the frame under the drivers seat which will blow the fuse MEM / ADAPT SEAT. Let me know what you find. OK?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
no fuse box in trunk. checked behinbd trunk lining. all i could finbd is a amp for the radio. there is 2 fuses box under back seats on left side and right,. Fuse box on drivers side has 2 10 amp fuses that says L FRT HTD SEAT MOD and MEM / ADAPT SEAT. but both fuses are good. would the one fuse affect both seats? fuse box on passengeer side has only the one fuse for the seat which is also good. I am testing fuses with an ohm meter
Expert:  david craig replied 8 months ago.

Hi Im David, heres a couple prints to help you out.

do you need further assistance?

just checking in to see how its going