Cadillac

Cadillac Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Cadillac

Sorry for bother you but i have an issue with my 07 escalade

Customer Question
Hi! Sorry for bother you...
Hi! Sorry for bother you but i have an issue with my 07 escalade ext my instrument panel custer is not working, every thing else work exept the custer is not tell nothing
JA: Are you fixing your Escalade EXT yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Did check fuse , disconect the neg battery cable for afew min thats it
JA: Does the battery look like it's leaking? And does it have a strong smell -- like sulfur?
Customer: No, I bought a few months ago. A few weeks ago it stared showing the battery alert on and off.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Started showing the battery alert on and off
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Cadillac
1/7/2017
Cadillac Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 10 months ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, I'm Ron and I will be helping you today.
Stand by for a moment while I prepare your answer.

No bother at all, I'm here to help you.

From your description, the cluster has failed. The cluster is also a computer that communicates with all the other computers you have on your vehicle. It's called a gateway.

You can test it with a scan tool set in bidirectional mode to confirm that it's bad too.

Thanks again and please remember to rate me 5 stars now and keep
this link in case you need me again later on.
I don’t get credit for assisting you until you rate me

If you are satisfied with my answer, I would greatly appreciate a 5
star rating now and I will still assist you after you have rated me
too if another question pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you
until you rate me.
Thanks again, Ron

Our goal here is to assist you in the repair of your vehicle by
supplying you with well educated information. We may not always
have the exact fix you wanted to hear, but our job is to get you on
the right track, which we always do. We can’t hear, see, smell or
touch your vehicle from where we’re at, so your understanding of
that is greatly appreciated. There are no magical or miraculous
answers, but we do our best to guide you in the right direction.
Thanks, Ron

until you rate me.
Thanks again, Ron

rpmdiag
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor