Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

My 2007 sts cadillac is ticking and I've found oil on garage

Customer Question

My 2007 sts cadillac is ticking and I've found oil on garage floor in front of car. Have had the vehicleaning in the dealership many times and each time they day something different. Started with engine light and $4100 later they determined it was 2 wheel hubs and shocks. Paid the bill and light is back on with tc on now as well. Now they ate saying it's the brain of the car. Sounds horrible which was not the case before.
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: The front I told them I thought it was timing chain and service guy insisted it couldn't be
JA: Are you fixing your STS yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I've not done anything yet but Fessenden and I've found this page
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I've got 189k highway miles on this car Always had dealership work on it
Category: Cadillac
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
When I am stopping the ticking is enhanced while the motor is slowing down
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I've researched a little because I'm a female feeling like these guys are Simply taking me for a ride. They had my car for 2 weeks aND then again n again every Saturday for 2 months. Took it in last week for the headlight replacement n tools them the lights were on again and at closing time I was told the light hadn't yet been installed and the car is worse then it's ever been. They did say I was low on oil
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Allegedly they did put oil in it and asked if I wanted to make another appt. My service repair log on this car is now about 3 inches thick. All miles are highway miles. I drive a minimum of 100 miles to and from work
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Struts not shocks on the 4100 repair
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 9 months ago.

Hi, My Name is ***** ***** for posting your question to just answer. I am a independent contractor for just answer. ASE Certified Master Auto Technician with 20 years experience. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.There will probably be some equipment needed for a proper diagnosis. If you are not comfortable with this or do not have any test equipment please let me know ASAP. I also give you all of the information you may need in good faith expecting a positive rating. I typically do not recommend phone calls, This is an automated request. DO not accept without me telling you I am requesting it. I am not compensated for my time until you leave a positive rating. Your rating should be based on the service you received.

Do you know which engine you have? 3.6 or 4.6?