Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  GM, Cadillac Cert., Heavy Line Mech, Race Shop Owner, Mobile Electronics.
1609972

2010 cts premium wagon, outside drivers door handle does not

Customer Question

2010 cts premium wagon, outside drivers door handle does not work. replaced with new handle assembly and door latch assembly and still nothing. I checked and the micro swtiches are working on handle and there is power to the door latch solonid. The door lock also does not work for that door, but all other doors lock and unlock and the remote works for the other doors.
JA: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?
Customer: yes
JA: Are you fixing your CTS yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i already told you
JA: Sorry about that. I must have missed it. Could you tell me again?
Customer: 2010 cts premium wagon, outside drivers door handle does not work. replaced with new handle assembly and door latch assembly and still nothing. I checked and the micro swtiches are working on handle and there is power to the door latch solonid. The door lock also does not work for that door, but all other doors lock and unlock and the remote works for the other doors.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Cadillac
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
it appears like no one is responding to this question, please refund my money and I will take this to the dealer for repair
Expert:  Don - Mo Lurch replied 9 months ago.

sorry for the delay.........I just saw this
Did you still need help?
There are "4" Tech Bulletins on this issue & you may need use of GM Dealer Scan Tool to complete

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I do not have a Tech 2, if that was the case I might as well take to dealer.

very sorry for the issue........I answered as soon as I saw the question.........
It would be best that Dealer have a look, as it may be low cost or free repair
Tech Bulletin 08-08-64-008E is the number I have & shows 4 different Repair procedures having to do with Harness, Plugs & Pins

let me know if you need further