Pete, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  17 years Cadillac experience as a technician.
14928985

The body fuse keeps blowing. Yes this is a 20 amp fuse, 1987

Customer Question

The body fuse keeps blowing.
JA: Do all the fuses have the correct amperage for the circuits they're in?
Customer: Yes this is a 20 amp fuse
JA: What is the model/year of your Cadillac?
Customer: 1987 Broughham
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I drove it home from an upolstry shop. adjusted the seat onthe way and now I have no intiror lights ,seat or door locks and the fuel pump won't pump fuel to start the engine.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no that's it
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If this was not an issue before the upholstery work was done there is a good chance the shop that did the work has damaged the wiring inside the vehicle when they reinstalled a component in the vehicle they had to remove and reinstall.I have seen this before.If you can tell me the fuse location I can see what I can locate on which components will cause this fault here just let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete