Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I am working on a 2005 Cadillac SRX. I just replaced the…

Customer Question
I am working on a...
I am working on a 2005 Cadillac SRX. I just replaced the front struts, now I am getting a message on the screen " don't go over 80 miles per hour. The new struts were ordered from Autozone, they Do bot have a plugin for the sensors like the factory ones. I found out the only way to get struts with sensors is from Cadillac and the cost is too high. My question is this, Can I close the loop by taking off the cap that goes to the struts and put the wires togather making the computer think the sensors are working? I drove the car up to 81 or 82 MPH and got a message that the fuel would be shut off so I decreased the speed. Nothing has been changed on the car Except the struts and I was Not getting this message until I changed the struts.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Cadillac
12/15/2016
Cadillac Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 1 year ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are You

I see what you saying ,you can try it , most likely you will need a 2 ohm resistor and plug it in the harness connector , the plug going in the strut unpluged and buy a 2 ohm resistor from radio shack for each one and it will have like 2 legs on it , twisted them down and insert them in the connector one on each pin .

I m not saying this wil fool the PCM but wan hurt to try it , if that don't work obviously we need the correct struts .the struts supposed to get harder at that speed ,so when your computer does not see the strut getting firm at this speed it will put engine in limp mode

disconnect your battery for 15 minutes after the installation of the resistor and Retest

Please let me know if you need anything else on it

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you, ***** ***** I put on are Correct for the car just aftermarket. Since the speed limit is less than 80 MPH it doesn't hurt anything but the screen display is annoying .

That is very true ,so stay on speed limit

if you do try that resistor let me know if it works :)

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue

If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.

A 5 Star Rating is much Appreciated

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue

Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

Thank You
Chad Farhat