Cadillac

Cadillac Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Cadillac

I can't get the remote start to work. They say because the

Customer Question
check engine light is on...
I can't get the remote start to work. They say because the check engine light is on but can't reset it. The light came on after I got gas but didn't shut the car off.
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: Stats on Stay
JA: What is the model/year of your Cadillac?
Customer: 2005 sts
JA: Are you fixing your STS yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I tried the remote start. That's it
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not really
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Cadillac
11/28/2016
Cadillac Mechanic: Don - Mo Lurch, Cadillac Technician replied 11 months ago
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Cadillac Technician

You need to have the Vehicle Scanned for Trouble Codes
Many Auto Parts Stores will Scan for FREE & give you the results to help pinpoint the problem
The Trouble Codes can be cleared, but will come back on until the cause is repaired
IF the Check Engine Light is ON, the Remote Start will NOT Operate, until the problem that turned on the Check Engine Light is repaired
Can be something simple like the gas cap or more technical like a sensor.
Let me know if you need further

IF you need more information, please ask "prior" to Rating.
.
Please do the right thing and leave a rating, using the rating system, so I may be credited for this Q&A.
.
NOTE: Do NOT Rate on how much TIME you waited, because I am not on 24 / 7 and I answer as soon as I see the question.
The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed.
.
If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
.
Rating is very Important to our Service
.

Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Cadillac Technician