Cadillac

Cadillac Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Cadillac

I need the location of the blower relay on my 2000 elderado,

Customer Question
i need the location of...
i need the location of the blower relay on my 2000 elderado
JA: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to help find that for your Cadillac. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Cadillac
11/20/2016
Cadillac Mechanic: George H., ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician

Hello I will help,

There is no relay in the blower circuit. There is a fuse and a power transistor built into the blower motor housing

Please let me know if you have further questions

Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My blower will run after i shut the car off. It will run and than stop after a few minutes and then start again. I went to advance auto and they sold me a relay (Factory Air 35742). Do you know if this is used on the car?Wayne

No, that relay is not used in this circuit

It sounds like your control processor is running the blower in afterblow mode. That is a programmed feature to clear the water out of the blower case to avoid odor buildup

I have to go down to dinner with my mother (she is 98) in a few minutes. If you have further questions about this I will be back at my real computer in about 2 hours and can answer you then.

Let me know how I can help

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Enjoy dinner. Can i fix this myself and if so how?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Forgot, the blower will also run when the car is running and the air system is off.

You may be able to fix this but it may be expensive

Do you have a voltmeter to check the circuit if I guide you?

Do you know how to pull trouble codes with the climate control and the displays?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I do have a volt meter. I don't have anything to pull code with. I will get back online tomorrow.Thanks

You can pull the codes with the climate control buttons using the procedure below. I will watch for your post tomorrow

Use 4 switches located on the A/C Heater Climate Control Panel to activate and respond to the OBD (On-Board Diagnostic) prompts on the DIC (Driver Information Center).

PASSENGER WARMER: helps to start OBD
OFF :helps to start OBD, restarts DTC list, exit
FAN UP: means yes
FAN DOWN: means no

11 OBD SYSTEMS are tested:
PCM (Powertrain Control Module)
IPC (Instrument Panel Cluster)
ACM (Air Control Module)
SDM (Sensing and Diagnostic Module)
TCS (Traction Control System)
PZM (Platform Zone Module)
IRC (Integrated Radio Module)
RFA (Remote Function Actuation)
CCP (Climate Control Panel)
MSM (Memory Seat Module)
MMM (Memory Mirror Module)

There are 5 types of GM Diagnostic Trouble Codes:
1. Manufacture Codes
2. "B" Body Codes (Bxxxx)
3. "C" Chassis Codes (Cxxxx)
4. "P" Powertrain Codes (Pxxxx)
5. "U" Network Codes (Uxxxx)

1. Turn ON the ignition.

2. Enter the OBD (On-Board Diagnostic) mode by
pressing OFF and PASSENGER WARMER at the same time.
It is normal for all lights to flash as it begins on your analog dash.
The DIC (Driver Information Center) will now display all system codes stored. Each code will flash for about 2 seconds and the entire list may take around 6 minutes or less to display. It’s easier to video record this than write it down because you may not be able to write that fast.
If you want to start the entire list over, just press OFF at any time.(If you wish to skip this complete listing, you can press FAN DOWN at any time, and then scroll to a specific system by pressing FAN DOWN)

3. When the DIC is done listing codes, it will show “PCM?”. You may scroll by pressing FAN DOWN until you’ve reached your desired system.

4. Press FAN UP to see the options for your chosen system.
For most systems, there are only 2 options.
First you will see “### CODES?” and you can press FAN UP to view codes for the chosen system or you can press FAN DOWN to scroll to other options.
The next option is usually “### CLEAR CODES?” (If you want to go to a different system, press OFF, and then press FAN DOWN to scroll)

5. You can erase codes for a specific system by
navigating to “### CLEAR CODES”, pressing FAN UP, and then the DIC will confirm deletion by showing “### CODES CLEAR”.
You may now press OFF to go back to other system selections (###?) and scroll through them by pressing FAN DOWN.

6. To stop the OBD (On-Board Diagnostic) mode,
you can press OFF repeatedly (3 times) to exit the DIC, and resume with normal dashboard information.
You can also turn the key off at anytime and/or remove it.

For example:
If you’re trying to clear your PCM codes, you would press OFF and PASSENGER WARMER and all lights flash on.
When the list starts, press FAN DOWN to display “PCM?”
Then press FAN UP to display “PCM CODES?” and
press FAN DOWN to display “PCM CLEAR CODES?”
Press FAN UP to confirm deletion and you will see “PCM CODES CLEAR”

George H.
George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician