Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

My 1999 Cadillac deville elegante started after several

Customer Question

My 1999 Cadillac deville elegante started after several cranks this morning (approx. 25 degrees F). Shortly it stopped. After that, it would crank, but not start. I ran the battery down and noticed it was close to 5 years old, so I installed a new one. It still would not start the car. It cranks smooth, but no indication that it wants to start. I put a couple gallons of gas in, in case the digital display was in error, but no luck. The car has approx. 105,000 mi on it. The temperature here warmed up to 50 degrees F by afternoon, so I don't think ice to have been the problem. What is a good direction to from here? Thanks
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 11 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner past midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • I can help with this question.
  • Reply and let me know when your able to work on this concern.
  • We need to check the fuel pressure, ignition spark, and injector pulse. Can you do that?

Hello again Chris here,

• Sorry you were not pleased with my help.
  • What would you like to do regarding your question now.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris