Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

Water on the rf floorboard, looking for the flapper or

Customer Question

Water on the rf floorboard, looking for the flapper or condensate drain, but have not found what looks like the conventional hose. It's a 91 Sedan Deville, 4.9.
JA: Are you fixing your DeVille yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Car sat under a tree, removed carpet and interior, cleaned and removed plastic / screened cover under hood, on top of cowl. Suspect the heater suitcase is plugged, need to figure out what the drain looks like please.
JA: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?
Customer: No, coolant system is fine, nothing missing there. It is just/ was just water.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no, I am confident it needs drained, ie the heater housing drain is plugged
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 11 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** drain for the heater housing is accessed from under the car, on the passenger side firewall, where the large aluminum a/c lines goes thru the firewall, about 8 inches under neath these lines, you will see a hose sticking out about an inch, the diameter is about 5/8 of an inch, you need to run a coat hanger or stiff wire into this line, when it unplgs, it will drain the water out quickly, so be careful,Tim

Please dont forget to rate me, so I can get credit for helping,Thanks,Tim

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have been under the car several times, and it is currently on a 2 post hoist. Do not see or feel the tube as you describe. I'm not a new car guy, 58 years old, worked on cars since 16 years old. i took a picture, confirming you are talking about a front wheel drive, 4.9 V8 Cadillac Sedan Deville? Can you send a picture to show this tube?Just resent the picture via text
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Are you still there, or able to respond?