Cadillac

Cadillac Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Cadillac

Put in new stereo and anti theft enbled it self. 96 cad

Customer Question
put in new stereo and...
put in new stereo and anti theft enbled it self
JA: Have you tried to reset this by disconnecting the battery for 15 minutes?
Customer: yes
JA: What is the model/year of your Cadillac?
Customer: 96 cad eldorado
JA: Are you fixing your Eldorado yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: turning ignition on [po
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: turning ignition on fp
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Cadillac
Answered in 2 days by:
10/31/2016
Cadillac Mechanic: Pete, Cadillac Technician replied 1 year ago
Pete, Cadillac Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

You will need to obtain the radio code for the radio you installed.This usually needs to be done by a dealer as they have to call in to their automated radio code retrieval facility to obtain this code.The dealer may or may not charge a small fee for this here.You will also usually have to provide proof of ownership and a photo ID.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Cadillac Technician