Cadillac

Cadillac Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Cadillac

2012 Cadillac CTS will not open with either control.

Customer Question
Nothing, not even a beep...
2012 Cadillac CTS will not open with either control. Nothing, not even a beep from either control.
JA: Are you fixing your CTS yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I just went outside to open the car, to get ready for the day. Used the pad on the trunk to open, with the keys in my pocket, then hand. No response. tried opening door, no response. Tried to start the engine, no response. Got the spare keys, same thing.
JA: What exactly is happening to the trunk?
Customer: Will not open.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Cadillac
10/27/2016
Cadillac Mechanic: Pete, Cadillac Technician replied 1 year ago
Pete, Cadillac Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

This issue here can be due to a dead a weak battery in the vehicle as this will cause this fault here.If you have not had the battery checked or tried a jump start or recharge I would see if this resolves the fault.If it does I would make sure to have the battery tested as well as a parasitic drain/draw test done to make sure no electronics are shorted or stuck on draining the battery as the vehicle sits needing repaired or replaced.

If this has been done already and the vehicle still does not lock and unlock or start let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Cadillac Technician