Pete, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  17 years Cadillac experience as a technician.
14928985

My 2007 Cadillac Escalade ext with factory nav Bose system

Customer Question

My 2007 Cadillac Escalade ext with factory nav Bose system screen only now shows black with Chinese or? With below it says " set original disc" I can still hear the radio but only this screen. The power button no longer works either. What do I do now? thanks. Kevin
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

From what you have described here this sounds like a fault with the radio/nav unit itself internally.I have seen some of these act up like this here needing either reset and reprogrammed (you can try and reset it by pulling the fuse for about 5 minutes) or needing replaced as some cannot be reset or reprogrammed.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I was told by Cadillac customer service at GM to take my Escalade ext to Fayetteville cadillac to have the nav unit checked out for the problem with the screen being black with the words " set original disc " the technician had to for a while and then I was charged $135.00 and given a quote to replace my whole radio for $1500.00 and was told my unit was dead. When I got into my truck to leave my radio no longer even worked like before they messed with it. They had made my radio totally dead. I now have a call into GM Cadillac costumer assistance to fill a formal complaint about the service that Fayetteville Cadillac had done to my Escalade EXT. I think the technician tried to update the unit but did something wrong during the software update and killed my nav radio. Thanks