Cadillac

Cadillac Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Cadillac

2008 escalade has a hesitant shift 1st to 2nd. 92K. No

Customer Question
2008 escalade has a hesitant...
2008 escalade has a hesitant shift 1st to 2nd.
JA: How old is the transmission? Have you noticed any leaking?
Customer: 92K. No leaks. when it warms up it does not do it.
JA: Are you fixing your Escalade yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No, I have not tried anything yet just got it,
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Cadillac
10/21/2016
Cadillac Mechanic: Jared D, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician

Hi.

First, what octane of fuel do you use in your escalade?

Next, have you ever had it in to the dealer for a transmission re-flash. GM has released a number of re-flash programs for these transmissions that address slip shifts and harsh shifts.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
87 octane. I will look into the reflash. is it the TCM.

There is a Technical Service Bulletin from GM that says if customers experience a hesitant shift from 1-2 or 2-3 then they should be reminded to use at least 92 octane fuel.

This is a high compression engine, anything less than 92 will cause this sort of problem.

If there was a problem with the TCM then you would have a p0700 code stored in the computer.

I would probably with using higher octane fuel and see if the slow shift clears up. Then go from there if it doesn't.

Please let me know if you need additional info.

If you no longer need help please don't forget to rate. Just Answer doesn't pay us if we don't get a positive rating; however if you cannot give a positive rating please let me know and we'll work together to make sure you can.

Please let me know if you need additional information. Don't forget to rate. Just answer doesn't pay us if we don't get a positive rating.

I just wanted to check whether you still need help with this.

Please don't forget to rate.

Please don't forget to rate.

Jared D
Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician