Cadillac

Cadillac Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Cadillac

I have Deville 2005, and the engine has the excessive oil

Customer Question
Good morning. JA: Hi. What seems...
Good morning.
JA: Hi. What seems to be the problem?
Customer: I have Deville 2005, and the engine has the excessive oil leakage. Lucas almost doesn't help. If there are something glue or stuff, which can help to stop it?
JA: When was your last oil change?
Customer: The last oil change was about month ago, but this leakage was before.
JA: Are you fixing your DeVille yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: In garage they told, that this is the problem with the gasket sealant of crankshaft on the side of the flywheel, but I think that it leaks from upstairs on the front side, because all the engine is oily.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, thank you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Cadillac
10/19/2016
Cadillac Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 1 year ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, I'm Ron and I will be helping you today.
Stand by for a moment while I prepare your answer.

I would recommend locating the leak and repairing it. Those "stop leak" products also go where you don't want them such as the oil pump, oiling journals for lubrication etc. They do more damage that good.

Thanks, Ron

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you.

You're welcome, thank you too and please remember to rate me 5 stars and keep this link in case you need me again later on.

I don't get credit for helping you until you rate me:)

If you are satisfied with my answer, I would greatly appreciate a 5
star rating now and I will still assist you after you have rated me
too if another question pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you
until you rate me.
Thanks again, Ron

rpmdiag
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor