Cadillac

Cadillac Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Cadillac

I think there could be a short on or near the windshield

Customer Question
wiper switch on column in...
I think there could be a short on or near the windshield wiper switch on column in my 2000 seville
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Do you know if there is power to the wiper motor?
Customer: yes there's power and I get resistants on the high side but no resistants on the low switch and middle
JA: Are you fixing your Seville yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes myself......I've tried 3 different used wiper motors that haven't worked so I started checking with a meter
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: well I did lower the engine to replace a solenoid in the transmision and now my radio and heater controls on the steering column don't work either
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Cadillac
Answered in 4 days by:
10/20/2016
Cadillac Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician replied 1 year ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner past midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • I can help with this question.
  • Reply and let me know when your able to work on this concern.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi! Moose, can you help with my question now?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I can contact you later if you like

We are only permitted to help diagnose and fix one concern per post. On this post which issue are you wanting me to help with?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The wiper motor problem
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sorry but no phone call

Can you go into more detail on the wipers? Which does not work intermediate, low, or high?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
None of them....but I do get resistants on my meter from the high port and none from the others...but the high speed still doesn't work

Here is your wiper diagram.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/sevillewiper.pdf

Is the yellow wire powered at both the switch and motor?

Is the black wire grounded at the motor?

OHM test the dark blue and purple wires from the motor to the switch, to see if there is no resistance.

Let me know these results.

This is my 1st answer of what can be many. You the website and myself expect you to have a ~~~5 STAR EXCELLENT~~~ experience with my help. At the top of your screen is the rating box that you only get to use once. Please make sure to complete the mandatory rating when ready or reply and say "I am pleased with my answer". Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way.

Thanks Moose.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I will check those things out. Thanks

Your welcome

Are you needing any more assistance from me on this concern or are you pleased with my help?

Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician