Pete, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  17 years Cadillac experience as a technician.
14928985

Why doesnt it show the tempurature and the gas level, I

Customer Question

Why doesnt it show the tempurature and the gas level
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: I think its a relay because the brake relay mest up and i found it but i need to know where is the relay of the gas pump
JA: What is the model/year of your Cadillac?
Customer: Cts 2004
JA: Are you fixing your CTS yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes i just found the relay of the brakes because it got busted
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I would just like to know were is the relay of the gas pumps and the tempurature is because everything runs good nd starts good thats just the problem
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If the engine and transmission are operating properly and both the fuel level and temp display quit at the same time here with this issue the fault is usually in the instrument cluster itself with it needing removed and repaired or replaced.The stepper motors in the instrument cluster fail and cause this type of fault here needing replaced in most all cases and is a common fault.This wouldnt be a relay at fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete