cardoctor71
cardoctor71, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE MasterCertified Technician with 35 years experience diagnosing and repairing import and domestic cars and trucks
36867192

I have a 1999 Catera and just recently the car starts

Customer Question

I have a 1999 Catera and just recently the car starts misfiring around 2000 rpms.
JA: How many miles are on the car? Is it a steady misfire? Or random?
Customer: The car has 73,000 miles on it. It seem to start this when the vehicle comes to normal operating temperature.
JA: Are you fixing your Catera yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have a mechanic looking at the problem, but I don't feel is sure of what he has diagnosed. He thinks it may be the catatlyic converters.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  cardoctor71 replied 10 months ago.

Before condemning the catalytic converters the mechanic should run a compression test, an injector kill test and rule out all other reasons for a misfire and pinpoint exactly which cylinder is misfiring and why. Please rate my service, i will continue to answer your questions until you are completely satisfied with my answers.

Sorry for the delay, I had a medical emergency, all is well now, Do you still need assistance, if not, kindly rate my previous answer.

Please RATE my service on the rating page,I will continue to answer your questions until you are completely satisfied with my answers.