Cadillac

Cadillac Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Cadillac

My car is a Buick

Customer Question
My car is a Buick
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Cadillac
10/3/2016
Cadillac Mechanic: Jerry, Master Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Jerry, Master Mechanic

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I am reviewing your question and will reply shortly, thanks.

Do you have a question about it?

Year, model and engine?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Buick Lacrosse 2005 3.8

I see, thanks. Is there a question here???

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
what do you mean

Why are you here?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Power steering was coming and going for awhile. We added fluid it was ok. Now for a week the power steering has become hard. I hear a hissing sound when I turn either way. Pump is full of fluid. My son is going to fix it but says that it is the rack and pinion needing replacing. I dont want to spend so much money and have it be something else.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Are you experienced with Buick

I see, thanks and yes. Do you have good pressure from the pump?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
He didnt test that. He is so sure it is that part that needs replacing

So, you need the instructions for the steering rack? Or a test to see what the actual problem is?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
See what the problem is

I really don't know of any other way to know what the problem is without doing the pressure test on the pump.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
how is that done

With a pressure gauge and the test procedure that I offered to you in an email.

The gauge is normally available at the parts stores for loan.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I will not pay extra. Will ask for my payment refunded.

Sure thing, thanks

Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Cadillac Technician