Cadillac

Cadillac Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Cadillac

Need to replace rear valve cover gasket, 4.7 v8, Deville

Customer Question
Need to replace rear valve...
Need to replace rear valve cover gasket
JA: Is this your first time dealing with this issue? What size is your engine?
Customer: 4.7 v8
JA: What is the model/year of your Cadillac?
Customer: Deville 2000
JA: Are you fixing your DeVille yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Remmoved all the bolts and wiring,
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Can not get enough clearance
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Cadillac
10/2/2016
Cadillac Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 1 year ago
Dan, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

Here are replacement instructions, if you have already removed everything as shown you can disconnect the front engine mounts/struts to rotate engine forward for more clearance. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.

-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dlwti7dzlps7e73/vc.pdf?dl=0

Dan, Technician