Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles
45790705

Have a 1995 Cadillac Seville STS and we replaced the PCM due

Customer Question

Have a 1995 Cadillac Seville STS and we replaced the PCM due to it being damaged from the #3 fuel injector was shorted out.
Vehicle did not run good before we replaced the Computer and now it runs good. The problem we have now is the check engine light is coming on with the code P080 and Change transmission Fluid. Thought, okay just have to do the reset procedure....but we have done it several times and the code will not go away.
All the cylinders are firing properly, no leaky fuel injectors or valves. Any idea what may be causing this code to be there? Any suggestions would be helpful.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Give few minutes let me look up the car info & how to troubleshoot for this fault code?

i be right back

Chad

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay no problem. Thank you

Please perform this procedure below if you have not already

Have you performed the

Throttle Position (TP) Sensor/Learn and Idle Learn values have been stored in the Powertrain Control Module (PCM). If these values have not been stored, Code P080 is set

Did you perform this below procedure .

please read careful and meet all the condition before the learning procedure

if that don't work there is a tree to check next

TP SENSOR/IDLE LEARN PROCEDURE IMPORTANT: Make sure nothing is touching or obstructing the accelerator or brake pedals, the heated windshield is turned off, and there is no load on the power steering during the TP learn procedure because this will prevent the PCM from performing the learn routine. 1. Turn ignition to "ON" (engine not running). 2. Enter diagnostics. 3. Turn ignition to "OFF." 4. Wait a minimum of 20 seconds. 5. Turn ignition to "ON" (engine not running). 6. Enter diagnostics. 7. Turn ignition to "OFF." 8. Wait a minimum of 20 seconds. 9. Turn ignition to "ON" (engine not running). 10. Enter diagnostics. 11. Turn ignition to "OFF." 12. Wait a minimum of 20 seconds.

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

CIRCUIT DESCRIPTION This diagnostic test checks to see if initial Throttle Position (TP) Sensor/Learn and Idle Learn values have been stored in the Powertrain Control Module (PCM). If these values have not been stored, Code P080 is set. Performing the TP Sensor/Idle Learn Procedure described below will cause Code P080 to become history. TP SENSOR/IDLE LEARN PROCEDURE IMPORTANT: Make sure nothing is touching or obstructing the accelerator or brake pedals, the heated windshield is turned off, and there is no load on the power steering during the TP learn procedure because this will prevent the PCM from performing the learn routine. 1. Turn ignition to "ON" (engine not running). 2. Enter diagnostics. 3. Turn ignition to "OFF." 4. Wait a minimum of 20 seconds. 5. Turn ignition to "ON" (engine not running). 6. Enter diagnostics. 7. Turn ignition to "OFF." 8. Wait a minimum of 20 seconds. 9. Turn ignition to "ON" (engine not running). 10. Enter diagnostics. 11. Turn ignition to "OFF." 12. Wait a minimum of 20 seconds. IMPORTANT: Make sure that the outside air temperature is at least 10°C (50°F) so that the A/C compressor will turn "ON." 13. Start the engine. 14. Allow the vehicle to idle continuously until the coolant temperature is 80°C, then idle an additional 5 minutes. 15. Apply the brakes and place the transaxle in "DRIVE" range. 16. Turn the Climate Control Center (CCC) to "OFF" and allow the engine to idle for 30 seconds. 17. Turn the CCC to "AUTO" and allow the engine to idle for another 30 seconds. 18. Place the transaxle in "PARK" range and turn ignition to "OFF." IMPORTANT: Because of the engine load differences with the A/C "ON" verses "OFF" the Idle Learn must be performed under both conditions. NOTE: If code PO80 does not change to history following the completion of this procedure, refer to "NOTES ON FAULT TREE" in this article. TEST CONDITIONS Test continuously. FAILURE CONDITIONS No TP sensor learn value is stored. OR No idle learn value is stored. ACTION TAKEN PCM turns "ON" the Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) (Service Engine Soon). NOTES ON FAULT TREE If Code P080 does not change to history following the completion of the TP Sensor/Idle Learn Procedure, this may be due to incorrect or erratic signals from the following sensors: ^ TP Switch ^ TP Sensor ^ Vehicle Speed Sensor ^ Transaxle Range Switch (Park/Neutral Input) ^ Power Steering Pressure Switch ^ Brake Switch High electrical loads may disable TP Sensor/Idle Learn. Components that may produce a high electrical load are the headlamps, rear defogger, high HVAC blower and the high speed cooling fans. If difficulty is encountered learning TP Sensors/Idle Values (i.e. Code P080 remains current), turn OFF these high electrical loads, and then momentarily accelerate the engine above 1000 RPM to clear the high electrical load. Furthermore, since the cooling fans can not be manually controlled, engine coolant temperature must be below 105°C and A/C refrigerant temperature must be below 51°C in order to turn OFF the high speed cooling fans and their high electrical load. Code P080 may also remain current if the idle is rough or unstable. Correct problems with these sensor's signals or the idle before attempting to perform the TP Sensor/Idle Learn.

© 2016 ALLDATA, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Terms of Use (Version 2.0.13801)

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay give me some time and I will check back. Thank you.

You welcome

I m online from 10 am till late

A 5 Star Rating is much Appreciated

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue

Please keep in mind that when you Rate me , it does not end our conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

Thank You
Chad Farhat

Hey how are you Ronald ,this Chad from JustAnswer

I was wondering if you like any further assistance on it

Please let me know
Thank You
Chad Farhat