Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 year as an ASE Tech
7276279

I have a 2003 cts cadillac and the window goes up by it self

Customer Question

I have a 2003 cts cadillac and the window goes up by it self but then when closed it then goes back down 1/2 way and then stops
JA: Are you fixing your CTS yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes take battery cable off for 5 min.and reconnect it then hold switch up in till it is up .it is OK for one try then it does it again
JA: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?
Customer: New battery $120.00 750 amps
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Ron replied 10 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Expert:  Ron replied 10 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. If you have access to a capable scanner can you check check for codes in the drivers door module and post back with them? One other thing you can try after you retrieve the code and or codes is to disconnect the battery and leave it unhooked for about 30 minutes to clear all setting in the module and then after time is up, reconnect the cable and retry the window operation. Let me know the code and the results and I will see if I can help you get this resolved.