Cadillac

Cadillac Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Cadillac

Ive already paid $26 for answer that i had I've already

Customer Question
Ive already paid $26 for...
Ive already paid $26 for answer that i had I've already tried two days ago. Is there a bypass I can buy to fix this?
JA: What is the model/year of your Cadillac?
Customer: 2007 dos
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I initially swapped out a bad alternator. Engine would try to start but immediately stop. Tried the relearn procedures, nothing.The theft deterrent light only stays on for a few seconds. It doesn't come on at all when the door is opened and the key is in the ignition.
JA: Have you tested the battery? Do you hear a clicking when you try and start the car?
Customer: batteries fine. The engine starts to run then immediately stops.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yeah, I'm ready to put a gun to my head
JA: I'm sorry if I'm reading you wrong here, but it seems as though you might be considering committing suicide or hurting yourself. Am I right?
Customer: Just kidding
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Cadillac
9/12/2016
Cadillac Mechanic: Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Tool Hut
Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician

Hi, My Name is ***** ***** for posting your question to just answer. I am a independent contractor for just answer. ASE Certified Master Auto Technician with 20 years experience. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.There will probably be some equipment needed for a proper diagnosis. If you are not comfortable with this or do not have any test equipment please let me know ASAP. I also give you all of the information you may need in good faith expecting a positive rating. I am not compensated for my time until you leave a positive rating. Your rating should be based on the service you received.

If you do not have a security light in then the security system is not what is shutting it down. Have you checked for codes?

Hello, I have not heard from you in a few days. Do you still need assistance? I also noticed you haven't left a rating. I have assisted in good faith and am only compensated when you leave a positive rating. Please let me know if there is anything else you need to leave a positive rating. Conversations can always continue after a rating is received.

Tool Hut
Tool Hut
Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician