Cadillac

Cadillac Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Cadillac

My anti theft system is preventing me from starting my 1997

Customer Question
Cadillac Deville. Resistors didnt work...
my anti theft system is preventing me from starting my 1997 Cadillac Deville. Resistors didnt work lock cylinder and key has been replaced and scan tool shows injectors not coming on. error 1631
JA: How many miles are on the car? Do you have scan tool or a code reader?
Customer: 115k..no..mech at shop has scan tools
JA: Are you fixing your DeVille yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: all the above in this forum page.. resistors, lock cylinder change and key relearn scan tool diagnosis
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: mech at shop compromised master key by changing lock cylinder and forge relearn to cpu...will relearn in effect work under this principles or should get an after market vat bypass no resistor immobilizer..funds depleting and bought fuiel pump i did not need...
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Cadillac
9/5/2016
Cadillac Mechanic: Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Tool Hut
Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician

Hi, My Name is ***** ***** for posting your question to just answer. I am a independent contractor for just answer. ASE Certified Master Auto Technician with 20 years experience. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.There will probably be some equipment needed for a proper diagnosis. If you are not comfortable with this or do not have any test equipment please let me know ASAP. I also give you all of the information you may need in good faith expecting a positive rating. I am not compensated for my time until you leave a positive rating. Your rating should be based on the service you received.

There is a starter enable relay in front of left strut. There should be 2 powers with the key on. A ground when key is placed in start position. can you verify what you are missing?

Hello, I have not heard from you in a few days. Do you still need assistance? I also noticed you haven't left a rating. I have assisted in good faith and am only compensated when you leave a positive rating. Please let me know if there is anything else you need to leave a positive rating. Conversations can always continue after a rating is received.

Tool Hut
Tool Hut
Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician