FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH.
1627031

Thinking about installing a Turbo charger in my 2011

Customer Question

Thinking about installing a Turbo charger in my 2011 Cadillac XTS, What difficulty may I face. is the performance change worth the cost and effort. Don Stanley, Westlake Village, Ca.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 10 months ago.

Hello Don. This is not a bad idea. This engine would be a good candidate for this type of performance upgrade. It is just important to use the best possible set up that is made for your vehicle or have a shop that is familiar with doing this perform this for you. If you need any other information please let me know.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I know that Cadillac installs turbos on this and other engines. Banks has set ups for the 602 also. Just wonder about how I determine what the best unit is for my engine.

It really depends on what you are looking for. Though it is the most expensive way, I would go with the GM unit and have it dealer installed if possible as the vehicles modules will need to be reprogrammed also.