Cadillac

Cadillac Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Cadillac

The front Ac blows hot only on the driver side. Cadillac Esv

Customer Question
The front Ac blows hot...
The front Ac blows hot only on the driver side.
JA: Have you checked the Freon level?
Customer: Cadillac Esv 2005
JA: What is the model of your '05 Cadillac?
Customer: Yes just did a Ac charge
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes hoping to fix myself. I bought a can of a/c pro refrigerant and just put it in the car. Now both sides are blowing hot. I found a not on the Internet to put the Ac on high for 5 min then turn them to heat for 5 min. I'm doing this now and midway through the heat part
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I checked the HVAC 10 & 30 fuse and it's good.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Cadillac
8/23/2016
Cadillac Mechanic: Stacy Farist,
 replied 1 year ago
Stacy Farist
Hi thanks for using justanswer.com. The reason that that is only blowing hot on the driver side. Is because the left side air temp actuator has possibly failed. This would need to be checked by an advanced scan tool that does bi-directional testing. And more likely the reason is blowing hot air on the passenger side is because you may have over charge the system. All of the refrigerant would need to be evacuated from the system and refill to the proper charge amount. There is a low pressure switch on the system that keeps the compressor from functioning. So that it will not damage the compressor or any other components. If you have any other questions feel free to ask if you are satisfied please accept and write my answer as this is how we are credited. Thank you and have a great day.
Cadillac Mechanic: Stacy Farist,
 replied 1 year ago

Hi. Do you still need help on this matter?

Stacy Farist
Stacy Farist
Stacy Farist