Pete, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  17 years Cadillac experience as a technician.
14928985

There is a clicking noise when to try to start and the

Customer Question

There is a clicking noise when to try to start and the theft/security light is on.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Have you had the battery tested at all to see if it is o.k.?I have seen issues with a battery with a bad or shorted cell cause this issue needing replaced before.It may test fine when it works but may fail testing when it acts up.If you can I would have it tested when it acts up and see if this is the cause here.If this was already done let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
New battery, battery cables replaced. Good connectivity and tested by mechanic. So your answer is not relevant. Indication points to security/ lock or dashboard signal issue. I look forward to your advice .
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

Is the security light blinking on the dash after when you try and start it and when it does not start you let go of the key or release the push button start button (if this has push button start)?

Have you had the fault codes read out with a compatible scan tool that can communicate with all computers in your model?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I will contact you later. Not at home currenty
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

O.k.,I will wait for your reply and post back as soon as I can.

Thanks Pete