cardoctor71
cardoctor71, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE MasterCertified Technician with 35 years experience diagnosing and repairing import and domestic cars and trucks
36867192

Keys stuck in ignition power went then car won't turn over

Customer Question

Keys stuck in ignition power went then car won't turn over in 2007 cts
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  cardoctor71 replied 1 year ago.

Most likely the alternator failed ,then the battery went to its limit and now there is insufficient minimum voltage to be able to get the key out of the ignition, start by charging the battery or possibly having to replace it, then key will come out of ignition, then disconnect the battery and replace the alternator. Please accept my answer, if you have any further questions I will answer them until you are completely satisfied with my answers.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How much does it cost at dealership to replace

In my area Dealerships are 125.00 for diagnosis, 350-500 for the alternator and couple hours at 125.00 per hour to replace it,Battery 125.00. Please accept my answer, if you have any further questions I will answer them until you are completely satisfied with my answers.