Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

My door sometimes open sometimes don't. It doesn't recognize

Customer Question

My door sometimes open sometimes don't . It doesn't recognize the fob other times and won't start
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.working after noon till just after midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • Yes, you have been charged already.
  • Yes, I am aware of the time you asked your question and time I am responding.
  • I will be online a couple more hours after this post.
  • This is not an answer to your question, just an inquiry if your still needing/wanting help. Because I believe I can help.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry ok so I have 2005 sts I have no issues love the car but for a while now the driver door and front passenger doors give me issues to open I need the physical key to renter the car 9 out of 10 times. I will pull the handle and the door simply won't open . Now when starting the car this is a recent problem perhaps I would say 3 -4 months now the central info will tell me no fob and the vehicle wount start luckily I found out that u out the key fob in the central glove box fob holder and it starts . So basically it's really 2 issues 1 is the door most of the time it wount open naturally as designed I need the physical key and #2 is the not recognizing the fob and be car wount start . I changed the batteries of the fob to try that but same stuff. And I service and maintain the car myself but this is a bit over my heading you would be so kind to perhaps shed some light open the situation it would be great even if you rattle of couple of solutions and if nothing I will try all of them or replace what u say till one of them solves it would greatly appreciate it

From inside the vehicle do all door locks and trunk release work from the buttons on the vehicle?

If so then reprogram your key fobs to the vehicle. If the issue remains where as both fobs fail to enter and start the vehicle then you need to replace the remote control door lock receiver and use a scan tool to program it to the vehicle.

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a great experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris