KALAMYKID
KALAMYKID, Shop Owner/ Tech
Experience:  I HAVE OWNED MY OWN SHOP FOR OVER THREE YEARS. I HAVE THE TOOLS AND SOFTWARE TO ANSWERE ALMOST ANY Q
5629372

Need auto theft resetting instructions for 2000 Cadillac

Customer Question

Need auto theft resetting instructions for 2000 Cadillac Eldorado etc I changed battery now anti auto theft won't allow Cadillac Eldorado etc to start
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  KALAMYKID replied 1 year ago.

Here are the steps you have to use to reset the anti theft system.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What are the steps to get my 2000 Cadillac Eldorado etc started I need instructions not some Chinese codes
Expert:  KALAMYKID replied 1 year ago.

If you click on the link I just posted you will have the directions. Did the link not work?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sir by the way I'm ignorant of computer stuff thank you I've left the Cadillac until tomorrow morning if I have any other issues I'll be sure to contact you guys thank you
Expert:  KALAMYKID replied 1 year ago.

You are very welcome.

Expert:  KALAMYKID replied 1 year ago.

Did you get it to start?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I'm still fooling with it is their another way to anti auto theft resetting instructions for my Cadillac Eldorado etc 2000
Expert:  KALAMYKID replied 1 year ago.

Where you able to see the directions I posted?

Expert:  KALAMYKID replied 1 year ago.

Do you understand what you have to do? What parts of the relearn have you tried?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
but after 10 minutes dashboard lights still flashing instructions says that the telltale wouldn't turn off but don't
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I followed your instructions and got no results so far
Expert:  KALAMYKID replied 1 year ago.

Do you have anther key for the car?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cadillac issued only got this one
Expert:  KALAMYKID replied 1 year ago.

Can you tell me exactly what you have done t try to reset the system?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm trying it out again
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Key to start then released for 10minutes three times then try to start and nothing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
With 5 seconds in between
Expert:  KALAMYKID replied 1 year ago.

So you are going straight from off to start, then reliesing the key to the run position, correct?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sir
Expert:  KALAMYKID replied 1 year ago.

Some times it takes longer then 10 min for the light to stop blinking and go out, so give it at least 15 min.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The lights p r n d 3 2 1 keep blinking and theft system problem blinking to
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
After 10 minutes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't get defroster off either
Expert:  KALAMYKID replied 1 year ago.

ok try this. take the key out of the switch. Close the doors and with the key, lock and then unlock the door. Then try the relearn again.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Drivers side door won't unlock but passenger side does with key
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Defroster still on
Expert:  KALAMYKID replied 1 year ago.

You have to unlock the drivers door to turn off the alarm, so the anti theft system can be reset. Can you wiggle the key in the lock t get t to unlock?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can lock door with key but not unlock I'll try again
Expert:  KALAMYKID replied 1 year ago.

Did you have any luck unlocking the door?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. At some point the original owner got locked out of their car and had someone jimmy it open. Now you cannot unlock the driver door at all -- with key or without. You have to unlock passenger door and reach over and manually unlock it.
Instructions you gave have not worked, probably because of that issue. Towed it to my mechanic and he is having a hell of a time with it as well. Going to try and remove the brain and put in a new one to see if that will work. Unless you have a better idea.
Expert:  KALAMYKID replied 1 year ago.

Don't replace the computer. That will not solve your problem. Have him fix the door lock so the door will lock and unlock with the key. That will be much less expensive on you and it will solve your problem I believe. Unless you can try and get a remote key fob to be able to arm and disarm the alarm system.