Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years experience
2947720

I have a Cadillac 2004 XLR and the top is leaking hydraulic

Customer Question

I have a Cadillac 2004 XLR and the top is leaking hydraulic fluid when raised or lowered. I have it in the dealership now and they are telling me they can't find an 'actuator' for a 2004. Aren't the roof parts interchangeable in all year XLRs and why can't the part from any XLR work?
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site..

Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

They are somewhat interchangeable on the XLR's, from 2004 to 2009. They may not be able to get them from the factory anymore though for the 2004, (over 10 years old) and there are some after market suppliers that show to have them.

Here is a link to one of them.

http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/oe-gm/88957086/?recommended=1

Thanks.

Please don’t forget to rate the answer in a positive way, . EVEN IF YOU HAVE A SUBSCRIPTION ****THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID ****

Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

If you accept my additional service request for your email address, you can give me your email in a private info box and I'll send you the instructions in a PDF file, the file is rather large.

You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it. Thanks

I do not have access to your email address,