Cadillac

Cadillac Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Cadillac

My theftlock light is on, radio won't play, No, 2004 srx,

Customer Question
My theftlock light is on...
My theftlock light is on, radio won't play
JA: Have you checked the fuse?
Customer: No
JA: What is the model/year of your Cadillac?
Customer: 2004 srx
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, haven't tried anything
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Cadillac
7/26/2016
Cadillac Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician replied 1 year ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.working after noon till just after midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • Yes, you have been charged already.
  • Yes, I am aware of the time you asked your question and time I am responding.
  • I will be online a couple more hours after this post.
  • This is not an answer to your question, just an inquiry if your still needing/wanting help. Because I believe I can help.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
needing help still

Will the vehicle crank, will the vehicle start?

Do the get the same results from both keys?

Will the radio not work in key run and accessory positions?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it does start, but radio doesn't work in any position. Simply says theft lock on radio screen

Your radio is showing this message due to :

• The vehicles battery dead or disconnectecd for more than 6 hours.
  • The radio has failed
  • The radio was replaced or removed.

A scan tool is needed to see if the vin# ***** be reentered into the radio to get it out of lock mode.

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a great experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I guess I should take it to the dealer?

The dealer does have the tool needed, it is hit pr miss at independent shops.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
how am I supposed to get it? I'm a femal, so I don't understand! Lol

How are you supposed to get what? There is nothing to get for this issue. The radio needs an attempted reprogramming to see if that is all that is needed as well to see if that fails indicating the radio is bad.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks!

Your welcome, are you pleased with my help?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Not at all. Thought you help, not tell me to go to dealer @

Sorry you were not pleased. I have no control over the questions customers ask us. You happened to have asked a question that can not be resolved at home DIY unless you have a dealer level scan tool. That does not make me a bad tech nor does it make my answer wrong it just means you asked how to address a concern that you do not have the means to fix yourself which is not uncommon. Working on cars is not easy and quite often does require special tools.

Sorry you feel my assistance had no value.

Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician