Cadillac

Cadillac Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Cadillac

I have a cadillac cts 08 the switch wont shut off And all

Customer Question
the doors give me...
I have a cadillac cts 08 the switch wont shut off And all the doors give me the alarm when i open en what el se can be the problem?
JA: Have you tried locking and unlocking the driver's side door using the key itself?
Customer: The cylinder just turn one way just to open the door not to unlock
JA: What year is your CTS?
Customer: 08
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: If i can. Just happen 2 hours ago
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: The shifter wont lock either i mean i don have to push the brake to put it con gear
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Cadillac
7/25/2016
Cadillac Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician replied 1 year ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.working after noon till just after midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • Yes, you have been charged already.
  • Yes, I am aware of the time you asked your question and time I am responding.
  • I will be online a couple more hours after this post.
  • This is not an answer to your question, just an inquiry if your still needing/wanting help. Because I believe I can help.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have 08 the switch won't turn to off and the transmission shifter won't lock on parking the door locks dont work either. not even whith the control

Here is the electrical circuit for this concern. Do you have the skills and tools to access the shifter to test the ignition lock switch?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/shiftlock08.pdf

We need to see if when in park the purple/white and back wires are both grounded. If they are then we need to test the ignition actuator at the ignition cylinder.

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a great experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
thanx so can I test the ignition actuador. because I found a litle pin I think that it's the actuado when I pull that pin the switch turn finaly go off but to open the switch it s'lock again so I have to pull that pin to open the switch again

You can test at the actuator if you choose. It needs power and ground to activate and move the pin.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am contacting you because the post has not been closed out/completed.
  • It appears you were not pleased with my help.
  • If more assistance is needed, reply and let me know, also let me know what it is you're needing to be pleased.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I never know it.)
  • You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, and I do not want you to leave having paid for something that did not meet your wants/needs and myself not receiving a feedback selection from yourself.

Thanks Chris

Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician