Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles
45790705

My 2011 srx ac will not work on hot days, checked the charge

Customer Question

my 2011 srx ac will not work on hot days, checked the charge and it is good on days under 85
JA: Have you checked the Freon level? Have you checked the hoses?
Customer: yes it works great on cooler days and in the mornings, come afternoon when it's hot it just blows hot air
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing really, I took it to a shop on a sunday morning and they told me your air is shot, but than it started working the next day fine until the weather got really hot again
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: not that's it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Cadillac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Chad ,Welcome To JustAnswer, I'm reviewing your question and I will be be posting a replay ASAP

there is ambient temp sensor that will read the temp outside and based on it the a/c compressor kicks in , it usual acts up at high temperature

and will stop sending a ground to a/c clutch to activate , until it cools down and start working again.

1-But to confirm if you can have it scanned and read the fault codes in the a/c module and also they can pull up that ambient sensor live on the scanner screen and see if that temp sensor is working correctly.

2-if the a/c is cooling good when it is running , the most coming reason for that is the ambient sensor or the control head in the dash , where you actual control it inside the cabin , also might causes.

3- are the fans outside in the engine compartment are running when the a/c blows hot, is actually disengaging when hot , or still running and changes to hot inside the cabin.

just want to make sure do we have an electrical issue cutting off the a/c compressor or the compressor is running but inside the cabin the blend doors inside the dash are moving the blend doors to hot intermittently

Please let me know

Thank You
Chad Farhat

Hey how are you

Did you get fixed or you like some more help on it , please just let me know ?

Chad

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I made an appointment to have someone fix, i'm swamped and don't have the time

ok , sounds great

Good Luck , let me know if you need anything else on it , the post will stay open for any follow up questions you may have

Chad Farhat

ASE Certfied Tech