Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  GM, Cadillac Cert., Heavy Line Mech, Race Shop Owner, Mobile Electronics.
1609972

I can't program my 08 Cadillac STS garage door opener

Customer Question

I can't program my 08 Cadillac STS garage door opener buttons
JA: What year is your STS?
Customer: '08
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, I've held the outside two buttons until the light flashes, then held one gdo button and the transmitter button, to no avail
JA: Does the light flash and then stay on steady? Do you happen to have the trouble code?
Customer: This is the garage door opener
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Nope
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Cadillac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Don - Mo Lurch replied 1 year ago.

.
sorry for the delay............
.
Greetings...... “Hi, I’m Don (akaCustomer and I look forward to helping you!”
.
then held one gdo button and the transmitter button, to no avail
??

.
You cannot Program from the Garage Door Opener Transmitter........
You have to press the Garage Door Opener Master Programming Switch located on your Garage Door Opener Motor

Press the two outside buttons of the GDO for one to two seconds, then immediately release them.
2.Locate the "Learn" or "Smart" button on the garage door opener receiver (located on the garage door opener motor-head unit). It is often found where the hanging antenna wire is attached to the motor-head unit and may be a colored button. Refer to the garage door opener operator's manual.

Press the "Learn" or "Smart" button. The garage door opener operator's manual may provide assistance in determining when the unit is in learn mode.
3.Immediately return to the GDO transmitter in the vehicle. Press and hold the button that is to be learned; the LED above the button will begin to flash slowly. When the garage door moves, immediately release the button. The LED will flash rapidly until programming is complete.
4.Press the button used during the learn operation again in order to verify that the GDO transmitter has been programmed.

The GDO is compatible with most, but not all, types of garage door openers. If the GDO LED does not flash rapidly after 90 seconds, there may be a compatibility conflict with the garage door opener.

Call 1-***-***-**** to address compatibility concerns or to help find the switch.

.
IF you need more information, please ask "prior" to Rating.
.
The way it works:
Once an answer is given, "you" as the customer, are expected to "RATE" the answer as you agreed to do.
.
Please do the right thing and leave a rating, using the rating system, so I may be credited for this Q&A.
.
NOTE: Do NOT Rate on how much TIME you waited, because I am not on 24 / 7 and I answer as soon as I see the question.
The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed.
.
If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
.
Rating is very Important to our Service
.
.

did you need more information?
please respond or rate my answer

thank you