rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

I have a 2004 caddy CTS some times I can turn the key and

Customer Question

Hello again I have a 2004 caddy CTS some times I can turn the key and the car won't start all the dash lights come on and when I turn the key to the start position the lights go out but the car will not crank plus now I can't remove the key it won't go all the way back . If I remove the negative battery cable and then reconnect it I can start the car and shut it off and remove the key it seems like something has to re set itself The motor is a 3.6. Anything you can tell me on this Thanks again dom
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in the auto repair business with my own shops since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

Try this procedure that I attached for you, you're not clearing it all the way.

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Ron thanks for taking my call I can tell by your last name I'm in good hands I did exactly what you said and have positive results my only concern is this a fix or is it only temporary .it seems to be fine just want to keep my customer happy Dom
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Ron thanks for taking my call I can tell by your last name I'm in good hands I did exactly what you said and have positive results my only concern is this a fix or is it only temporary .it seems to be fine just want to keep my customer happy Worst fears confirmed went to start the car and have same problem thought we had it vehicle will not start key stuck.
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Hey Dom, it should be fine now. if not,you just let me know.

Keep this link and also give me a GREAT rating too:)

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ron sorry I'm so late getting back I went to start the car about 15 minutes after and same problem I stated this in my reply last paragraph (worst fears) any how I could not get it re started went back on line and read 2004 vehicles had to be re programed . I don't have the equip. for this so I jumped the starter and drove it over to the dealer to get re programed I'm hoping the comp. is good I should at about 10 o clock ill be back in touch at that time and let you know haw I made out thanks again dom

Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Dom, please remember to rate me for my time.