Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

2001 cad deville, no electric window, mannual door lock, no

Customer Question

2001 cad deville, no electric window, mannual door lock, no mirror function, no horn honk when key fob used to lock ?
Category: Cadillac
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have Code DDM U1000 ,DIM U1000, IPC U1000, showing up
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and I will post back with your reply ASAP

give a little time let me look up the diagram, and see what we can do , I appreciate the codes provided ,I will work on it

ok , and other codes , P OR B codes correct?

and tell if there is any prior work been done recently that you think could have contributed to this issue

Please let me know

Thanks

Chad (aka - Jhook 1398)

Can you check all these fuse on all these boxes

I send you diagrams and let me know

Does battery have 12 V

did you check battery cables for corrosion or loose ?

Please let me know

Thank You ***** ( aka - Jhook1398 )

ASE Certified Tech

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Check what specific fuses on which boxes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Battery seems to be good drove it this morning to the store
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No corrosion
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will get back to you once I've found these fuse locations, didn't realise there was more fuse locations? interesting !

no problem , i'm online till 12 pm today

so just let me know and reply back here , sometime , it might take me a little to answer back , if i'm busy with other calls ,but i usual answer with in 30 min

Thank You ***** ( aka - Jhook1398 )

ASE Certified Tech

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no fuses/relays/bus bars, or electrical Conn of anykind in either side of the luggage comparent{trunk} vin#1G6KD54Y81U223121 if that help with the correct diagrams etc, for power to the driver door window switches but it does nothing bad control. ?p/n. P599221?

yes sorry earlier pictures where not for you different car

yours will have one underhood and 2 in rear , under let & right rear seat cushion

Fault : U1000

CIRCUIT DESCRIPTION Modules connected to the class 2 serial data circuit monitor for serial data communications during normal vehicle operation. Operating information and commands are exchanged among the modules. When a module receives a message for a critical operating parameter, the module records the identification number of the module which sent the message for State of Health monitoring (node alive messages). A critical operating parameter is one which, when not received, requires that the module use a default value for that parameter. When a module does not associate an identification number with at least one critical parameter within about five seconds of beginning serial data communication, DTC U1000 is set. When more than one critical parameter does not have an identification number associated with if the DTC will only be reported once.

The numbers below refer to the step numbers on the diagnostic table. 1. A Loss of XXX Communication DTC (U1001 - U1254) with a history status may indicate the cause of U1000. 2. The modules not communicating is the likely cause of a U1000 DTC. The modules the following modules communicate on the class 2 serial data circuit: ^ Audio Amplifier ^ Cellular Telephone Module W/UV8 ^ Dash Integration Module (DIM) ^ Driver Door Module (DDM) ^ Driver Door Switch Assembly (DDSA) ^ Electronic Brake Control Module (EBCM) ^ Electronic Suspension Control (ESC) Module ^ Front Passenger Door Module (FPDM) ^ Inflatable Restraint Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM) ^ Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC) ^ Instrument Panel Integration Module (IPM) ^ HVAC Control Module - Auxiliary ^ Left Middle Door Module (LMDM) W/V4U ^ Left Rear Door Module (LRDM) ^ Memory Seat Module (MSM) W/A45 ^ Navigation Data Processor W/UY4 ^ Navigation Display Head W/UY4 ^ Powertrain Control Module (PCM) ^ Radio ^ Rear Integration Module (RIM) ^ Remote Control Door Lock Receiver (RCDLR) ^ Right Middle Door Module (RMDM) W/V4U ^ Right Rear Door Module (RRDM) ^ Steering Column Module W/N37 ^ Theft Deterrent Control Module ^ Window Switch - Passenger Front W/armored car ^ Vehicle Interface Unit (VIU) W/UE1 7. The module which was not communicating due to a poor connection to the class 2 serial data circuit may have set Loss of XXX Communication DTCs (U1001 - U1254) for those modules that it was monitoring. 9. The modules which can communicate indicate the module which cannot communicate. You must clear the DTC from these modules to avoid future misdiagnosis. 11. If all modules are communicating, the module which set U1000 DTC may have done so due to some other condition. 12. The module which set the U1000 is the likely cause of the malfunction. "For the description of RPO code(s) shown in this article or any of the images therein, refer to the RPO code list found at the Vehicle/Application And ID." See: Vehicle > Components > RPO Codes

The numbers below refer to the step numbers on the diagnostic table. 1. A Loss of XXX Communication DTC (U1001 - U1254) with a history status may indicate the cause of U1000. 2. The modules not communicating is the likely cause of a U1000 DTC. The modules the following modules communicate on the class 2 serial data circuit: ^ Audio Amplifier ^ Cellular Telephone Module W/UV8 ^ Dash Integration Module (DIM) ^ Driver Door Module (DDM) ^ Driver Door Switch Assembly (DDSA) ^ Electronic Brake Control Module (EBCM) ^ Electronic Suspension Control (ESC) Module ^ Front Passenger Door Module (FPDM) ^ Inflatable Restraint Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM) ^ Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC) ^ Instrument Panel Integration Module (IPM) ^ HVAC Control Module - Auxiliary ^ Left Middle Door Module (LMDM) W/V4U ^ Left Rear Door Module (LRDM) ^ Memory Seat Module (MSM) W/A45 ^ Navigation Data Processor W/UY4 ^ Navigation Display Head W/UY4 ^ Powertrain Control Module (PCM) ^ Radio ^ Rear Integration Module (RIM) ^ Remote Control Door Lock Receiver (RCDLR) ^ Right Middle Door Module (RMDM) W/V4U ^ Right Rear Door Module (RRDM) ^ Steering Column Module W/N37 ^ Theft Deterrent Control Module ^ Window Switch - Passenger Front W/armored car ^ Vehicle Interface Unit (VIU) W/UE1 7. The module which was not communicating due to a poor connection to the class 2 serial data circuit may have set Loss of XXX Communication DTCs (U1001 - U1254) for those modules that it was monitoring. 9. The modules which can communicate indicate the module which cannot communicate. You must clear the DTC from these modules to avoid future misdiagnosis. 11. If all modules are communicating, the module which set U1000 DTC may have done so due to some other condition. 12. The module which set the U1000 is the likely cause of the malfunction.

'

One of these modules is off line , most likely the IPM module, but we need to scan and retrieve the codes of which modules it is

can you get those codes ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All codes are....DDM U1000 currant,DIM U1000. Currant, IPC U1000 currant, IRC U1000 currant, LRD U1000 currant,PDM U1000 currant, RIM CO655 currant,RIM U1000 currant,RRD U1000 currant.....thats it , should tell us something?

I wish but the U1000 is not specific for one module , testing needs to be carried individually to see the break in communication ,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also all the passenger window switches work, just not the drivers door main switches to operated that one and all the others, also took that switch apart have 12vdc there but does nothing ? Don't know if that tells you something ?

the driver switch is a main switch , do me a favor , check the wiring harness from inside of the car going into door, in that little rubber flex, i seen a lot of cut wires there, but u have open up the cover to get to the wires .

if you get a test light and check the main driver window switch do you get anything?

between door hinges

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a test light , will check wire at that location , but the switch plug wire has 12vdc at the switch, one wire out of six, or seven, . Will check the hinge wirong though! Any thoughts about the door lock horn honk missing? When locked with the key fob?

that i dont know , if related to the 1000 or not .

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You know what I'm done , I 'ii keep persueing this myself, you've been no help, your supposed to be the expert, requesting money for your experience, doesn't appear that your the mechanic I was lead to believe, I am a retired heavy equipment mechanic/ auto mechanic/ jack of all trades type of person, and I 'ii just keep trying to fix it myself, thanks for you help.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know doesn't help me ! Does it !

I m sorry will opt out and see if another can help you

Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 1 year ago.

Hi there. Different expert here.

Accessories that used to work directly off switches now work through electronic modules. Those include power locks, power windows, instrument panel and more. All of those individual modules communicate with and are controlled by a master, which in your vehicle is the Dash Integration Module(DIM)

This is a complex system that needs to be diagnosed with a Tech-II or equivalent scan tool capable of getting deeper than just retrieving the generic U1000 codes - there are no tricks or short cuts around that fact. If you have access to such scan tool, I'd be more than happy to guide you through the necessary diagnostic steps. Otherwise, please let me know and I'll opt out as well.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank but no thanks, ***** ***** had a scan tool then I wouldn't need you guys. Maybe that should be asked before you ask for money, ya think ! Do you have one, I didn't think so. $10,000 bucks worth are you kidding me !

I'm very sorry you feel that way.

There is a general misconception about car computers and scan tools. A scan tool is just that, a tool that a skilled technician would use to diagnose a computerized system. It's unfortunate that customers blame us for not being able to work on their vehicles, when the real culprits are the automakers who design these complex systems that require expensive tools be used to diagnose and repair them.

Best Regards.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thats very true, its not my fault, that you say that you can help solve the problem and ask for money when it takes more that for it to be fixed and your the expert, why don't you say that in the begining......a skan tool is required to diagnose that problem instead of going on and on and on like the previous guy did, tell it like it is I'm far from stupid, say the tool is needed at the begining, but you already know that, thats what I have a problem with ! Get it !