Cadillac

Cadillac Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Cadillac

I have a 06 Cadillac DTS was showing code p2444 replaced

Customer Question
secondary air check valve now...
I have a 06 Cadillac DTS was showing code p2444 replaced secondary air check valve now it's showing code p0411
JA: Have you scanned the code? Have you tried to reset it?
Customer: Yes came back on
JA: What is the model/year of your Cadillac?
Customer: 2006 Cadillac DTS
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I replaced the secondary air injection check valve
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Cadillac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Cadillac
6/23/2016
Cadillac Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 1 year ago
Dan, Technician

Hello, my name is***** the air pump work?

It sounds like passages in exhaust may be clogged. Scan test the air injection pressure sensor to be atmospheric pressure of approximately 14-15 PSI or 2.7 volts. Run the air pump and expect the voltage to go up to approximately 3.4 V. If the voltage does not increase, check for an air leak between the pump and the valve. Run the air pump and open the air valve and expect the voltage to drop to approximately 3 volts. If the voltage does not drop, remove the valve and repeat the test and check for air flow out the valve and voltage to drop. If the voltage now drops, check the exhaust for a restriction. Let me know if you have more questions or if there is anything else I can do to help. Thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
When I first replaced the air injection check valve I pulled the battery cable to reset the computer but my radio and park assist and door chimes stopped working I checked the fuses

The related fuses would be under the rear seat so I would double check fuses again if good then try to disconnect battery for 10 minutes. Let me know how it goes, thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The ground or positive

Either one works. Let me know how it goes, thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Didn't work

Then next step would be checking codes in body control module if you are sure none of the fuses are blown. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.

Dan, Technician