Cadillac

Cadillac Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Cadillac

Left ac fan not working on 2000 Seville. Replaced fan,

Customer Question
radiator, fuses, relays, water pump...
Left ac fan not working on 2000 Seville. Replaced fan, radiator, fuses, relays, water pump, temperature sensor, thermostat.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Cadillac
6/23/2016
Cadillac Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician replied 1 year ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

So the right fan does work and I assume since the left fan is not working the AC is not working well and the vehicle is overheating?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Correct. How do I get the fan to come on?

Here is the circuit diagram.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/slsfan.pdf

The first thing we need to see is if the PCM is even commanding the fan on. This can be done with a scan tool or by seeing if the PCM is grounding the fan control wires tested at the PCM connectors. If both fans are being commanded on but both are not running, let me know and we can diagnose the wiring and relays.

If your confused on what to do now. You have already been charged the full question value. It's now time to compensate the tech that helped you. The only way I can continue to work here and help customers is by getting rated. If your not pleased yet or plan not to rate me. Let me know so I can help more, close the post, or opt out. Please let me know if you are pleased with my help.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears your not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. I have the option to call you if that would be better.

Thanks Chris

Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician