sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Have a Dts and it will blow cold air on both sides they it

Customer Question

Have a Dts and it will blow cold air on both sides they it goes to warm air. any ideas
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 1 year ago.

Are both sides going warm or just one? Does the AC compressor stay engaged when this happens?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the air compressor is engaged and both sides are both blowing warm air.
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 1 year ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** temperature is set to manual instead of auto does it do this as well?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it does.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Believe it or not I have another Cadillac in the shop doing the same thing this morning.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The first thing I would suspect if this is happening while sitting or at low speeds is the cooling fan not working. If the fan isn't working at all or is running slowly then a/c high side pressure will increase and it will start blowing warmer air.

Does it blow cold while driving at highway speeds?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It will sometimes but not all times.

are you able to monitor pressures?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No not here.

Are you able to check for fault codes?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I hooked my scanner up ad it said no codes but I can get it to command anything either. I noticed the compressor is not on so I commanded it to come on from the scanner and it keeps telling me to check my leads and make sure the key is on. All tht is good, is there a fuse somewhere were I am not able to communicate with computer in car???

What module are you trying to communicate with?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A/C control module

Do any control head functions work?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the control head works on the car. Were it says shut passenger side off, does not work, when you push ac it doesn't come on all the time.

Are there any codes in the PCM?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No codes

What does the PCM show for a/c pressure?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my gauges outside show low side @35psi and high side @130psi and the low side line is cool to touch.

What does the PCM show compared to the gauges?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
For some reason I can not get my scanner into that section

Either way, if you had 35 PSI on the low side and only 130 then the system is either undercharged or the compressor is weak.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I am back, I put a new air conditioner system on this and in the stall it go to 62 degrees and I went for a drive and it started blowing warm air and I stopped and noticed the compressor clutch was not running. got back to shop and put gauges on it and the high side was 225 and the low side was 48. Shut the car off wanted a little bit started it back up and the compressor was engaged and it got it down to 68 inside and the compressor shut off. Any suggestions. Thanks Eddie

What exact components were replaced and where were they from?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Compressor, orifice tube receiver dryer and they were four season components

How was it charged?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I put 2.8 oz. of pag oil and 22 oz. of R134

What was the vent temp when the pressures were 48 and 225?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They went to 62 then the compressor shut down. then the temp went up of course but the compressor would not come back on until you shut the engine off for 30 minutes and then the compressor would come back on and get it back to 62 at the vents then shut down again.

I'd have a look at evaporator temperature and see if it's showing low than it should be. If it's incorrectly low then the compressor will be turned off and not allow proper cooling.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok help me here how do I do that?

A scan tool would be necessary to monitor data to see why the compressor is being disabled.