Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner
Experience:  General Repair Shop Owner
66997337

I bought a 2004 escalade at an auction to flip. Needed a new

Customer Question

I bought a 2004 escalade at an auction to flip. Needed a new engine. I picked one up from a junk yard. I installed it.
It had very little oil pressure. so i returned it for another one. i know have installed the second one and it has no oil pressure{ ck this by pulling the oil fillter] nothing came out. i was wondering if their mite be a trick to these engine or something. I really dont feel like pulling this one out. It just sounds crazy to me that two engine could have the same problem.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

It does seem crazy but there is nothing external to the engine that will keep it from having pressure. You just got a little bad luck and a lot of a negligent supplier.

Run some power and ground to the starter on the next one before you install it and verify oil pressure before you go through all that work.

Let me know if you need anything further and please be sure to rate my service or I will not get credit for helping you today. Thanks