Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner
Experience:  General Repair Shop Owner
66997337

My 2005 Cadillac CTS is showing engine power reduced and

Customer Question

My 2005 Cadillac CTS is showing engine power reduced and check engine light is on so is the traction control which won't go off . when I try to drive it it hardly has no power at all it ran just fine until it had to have the air intake off to put a thermostat in could you possibly know what's wrong ?
JA: Does the light stay on solid or does it flicker? Any noticeable performance problems lately?
Customer: No none and the lights stay on solid
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It will start and idle and idle rough for like 10 seconds and then idle just fine and when its driven it will only go up to 1800 rpm and no further when just a week ago it ran fine until the thermostat was put in and we don't know where to start on fixing it because we have no idea whats wrong and it won't make it to the parts store because it has no power
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: That's it at the moment
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Cadillac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

I dont have a whole lot to offer with what you are giving me to work with but I would bet either a wire was damaged or connector left unplugged when the thermostat was done. Check over all the wiring near the thermostat with a fine tooth comb. If that doesnt help youre gonna need to find a way to get the codes. I can make some suggestions if you want.. just let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I get the codes out of the computer because the motor runs
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The dash reads low power

You need a scan tool.